After a successful 2015 Harvey Training Symposium, the Bergen County Fire Chiefs Association (BCFCA) will be conducting a 2nd Annual Harvey Training session at the Becton Regional High School in East Rutherford, NJ.
Over the years our good friend and Association member Harvey Eisner, Tenafly Fire Chief & Firehouse, Editor has touched so many firefighters. In keeping with his training philosophy whether it was from his writings, lectures or just a firehouse visit, the BCFCA in co-operation with the East Rutherford Fire Dept. is offering a day of training that consist of classroom sessions by nationally known fire officers so as to continue the traditions of what Harvey was all about.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
DATE: Saturday, October 15th
TIME: 0800 hrs. (Starts with a continental breakfast)
0830 hrs. (Welcome)
LOCATION: Becton HS
FOR DIRECTIONS: GPS: AKA Wildcat Way, 100 Ann St. East Rutherford, NJ 07073
ATTENDEE COST: $60.00
Here are some program highlights:
- Leadership for the Fire Service, John Salka, FDNY Bn. Chief (Ret.)
Author: 1st In, Last Out
Topic & Guest Speakers/Authors:
- Garden Apts. & Townhouse Fire Tactics, John Norman, FDNY Deputy Assistant Chief (Ret.)
Author: Fire Officer’s Handbook of Tactics, 4th Edition
- Managing Fire and Emergency Services, Charles Jennings, John Jay College Professor
Co-Author: Managing Fire and Emergency Services
- High Hazard Flammable Trains: Facts, Myths & Realities, Gregory G. Noll, CSP, CEM, Hazmat /WMD Manager for the PA Task Force-1
Co-Author: Hazardous Materials: Managing the Incident , 4th Edition
- Toothpick Construction – Large Lightweight Residential Occupancies, Glenn Corbett, John Jay College, Professor
Author: Building Construction for the Fire Service, 4th Edition
You will have an opportunity to meet with each speaker who will have an autograph book for sale.
Any inquiry sent to our attention at: HarveyEisnerTraining@gmail.com